Tuesday 7 January 2014

‘The devil is a liar’ – Oshiomole makes first public appearance since accident


Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomole has
revealed that he is not injured or hospitalized
after an accident rocked his convoy two weeks
ago. The Governor who had been low key since
then had sent many speculating that he was
either injured or incapacitated in some manner.
However Oshiomole appeared at the
inaugural State Executive Council meeting for
2014 and laid all speculations to rest.
He said: “It is true that on December 28, 2013 at
about 10am, I was heading from my village to
Benin City to receive the Vice President who was
visiting Uromi to attend the birthday celebration
of Chief Tony Anenih. Though he was on a
private visit, I am obliged by protocol to receive
him.
“I believe somewhere in Ewu, a bus that was
packed with goods veered off its lane and headed
straight at my car and hit it. But for the fact that
the car is armoured, it would have somersaulted
given the impact and the bus driver was clearly
on high speed.
“The luck however was that we were not on
speed and so it was possible for the vehicles in
my convoy to stop, otherwise, all the vehicles
would have ran into my car and one thing would
have led to the other,” he said.
Giving thanks to God for His mercy, Oshiomhole
said “all of us in the car, my ADC, driver and
myself were all having our seatbelts on. The
airbags were all activated. Nothing happened to
any of us. I still went to the airport to receive the
Vice President after the accident.
“They say the devil is a liar. It does not matter
what they say. God delivered all of us; none of us
was injured in any manner. All those stories
about being hospitalized and being under
intensive care in an undisclosed hospital are
figments of the imagination of those who were
parroting the story.
“The important thing for me is that anything
could have happened. The driver passed the first
three vehicles and went straight to hit the one
that I was in. you would recall that on the eve of
the campaigns for 2012 election, that same car
was the one I was driving and a vehicle in a
similar manner came and rammed into a car I
was supposed to be in,” he added.q

No comments:

Post a Comment