Wednesday, 5 March 2014
While popular Fuji musician, Alhaji Abass
Akande Obesere is looking for out-of-court
settlement in the saga that has brought so much
trouble to him, OluFamous.Com gathered that
there are some persons who are bent on seeing
that Obesere goes to prison or at least he appears
in court for the messy case.
But what did he do? The woman, who he said set
him up to extort money from him, is making new
In the words of Ms Olanike: “I bled for
more than two weeks after Alhaji Obesere
raped me and inserted his ring into my private
part. The incident occurred on February 12,
2013 and I have spent a lot of money treating
“The DPO, Isolo Police division, took pity on
me and refused to give in to Obesere’s pressure
to strike out the case and God will bless him
“But last week I was informed that the case had
been transferred to the SCID and my
Investigating Police Office, IPO, at Isolo asked
me to come to the station on Tuesday for the
“But when I got to the SCID, I discovered the
IPO, who took over the case, one Mr. Jacob, I
don’t know his rank, became hostile to me...
“You need to see how this man treated me. He
started by asking me to write a new statement
and when I tried to explain that I had written a
statement at Isolo division, he rebuffed my
explanation and insisted I wrote a new one."
Anyway, Obesere is still maintaining his
innocence, saying there is no way a matured lady
who is not having an affair with him would have
spent the night with him in his house. He said it's
just a set up all for money.
Meanwhile, the lady told Vanguard that she had
relocated to her home town in Sagamu, Ogun
State, where she is currently receiving treatment
for the alleged rapé incident.
“As I speak with you, I am in Sagamu, my home
town, where I have been receiving traditional
treatment since the incident occurred," she
The embattled musician, Obesere, has been
released on bail pending a thorough investigation
by the SCID.
A Lagos-based Creative agency, D3 Solutions
Limited, today announced a new reality TV
show called Celebrity Soccer League (CSL).
The first season of the show will feature Nigerian
& other African celebrities in a thrilling soccer
Celebrities have always been vocal about their
support for top European teams but can they kick
it on the pitch? Coached by Nigerian football
greats, Celebrity Teams will vie for the crown of
Celebrity Soccer League Champions, cash prizes
and bragging rights.
The city of Lagos plays host to the debut season
of the show which is expected to hit the screens
later this year and will air on cable and terrestrial
TV stations across Nigeria and Ghana. The show
will also be available via social media video
platform, YouTube. The exact launch date is yet
to be announced but fans can register at the CSL
website as well as follow the show’s Facebook and
Twitter Page to receive updates on how to
participate and player signings.
Celebrity Soccer League was created to foster
youth engagement in sports and create a meeting
point between individuals and their favourite
celebrities in a first-of-its-kind Reality TV Show
that will keep resonating in their minds long after
the show is over.
The show’s creator, Azuka Ugboh, says that
“Apart from Celebrities, football-loving Nigerians
will also get the opportunity to participate in the
show. This will follow a grueling series of trials
where our team will select fans to play alongside
their favourite celebs”.
Orient Oil & Gas Facilities in Aguleri, Anambra
East LG of Anambra State were under attack on
March 3, 2014, Monday. The attacks on Orient
Oil have reportedly destroyed most of the plants'
heavy equipment. Staff quarters were also burnt
by the invaders.
This development has been confirmed by the
Chairman of the National Youth Council of
Nigeria, Anambra State Chapter, Comrade
In his message to NAIJ.com he narrated that the
equipment was vandalized in full broad day light,
while the police took a passive position and, in
fact, did nothing to protect the plant.
The police officers, mostly of Kogi State origin,
were complaining of neglect by the Police
authorities since they were posted to protect the
Oil Company. Therefore, the conclusion has been
made that the attackers were allegedly people of
Ibaji in Kogi State as well.
"We appeal to both Anambra State and the
Federal Govt to protect the oil facilities and stop
the madness from Kogi State. This latest attack is
seen as an act of provocation to the people of
Aguleri whose son Chief Willie Obiano would
take over the leadership of Anambra State from
Gov Peter Obi on the 17th of March 2014.
"We do not want these criminal hoodlums of
Boko Haram to enter our village. We therefore
call on President Jonathan CFR to restrain Gov
Idris Wada of Kogi State and send more
detribalised military presence in the affected
area," Nduanya said in his message.
A source of News Express in the State
Government of Anambra also confirmed the
attack, which had in the past drawn the attention
of the Federal Government to the deadly
communal dispute over the land where the oil
facilities are located.
It would be recalled that the refinery was
commissioned in late August 2012 by President
Goodluck Jonathan (in the photo above) to usher
Anambra into the league of oil-producing states.
Pope Francis reaffirmed the Catholic Church's
opposition to gay marriage on Wednesday, but
suggested in a newspaper chat that it could
support some types of civil unions. The Pope
reiterated the church's teaching that "marriage is
between a man and a woman." However, he said,
"We have to look at different cases and evaluate
them in their variety."
States, for instance, justify civil unions as a way
to provide financial security to cohabitating
couples, the Pope said in a wide-ranging
interview published Wednesday in an Italian
daily. State-sanctioned unions are thus driven by
the need to ensure rights like access to health
care, Francis added.
A number of Catholic Bishops have supported
civil unions for same-sex couples, including Pope
Francis when he was Archbishop of Buenos Aires
in 2010, according to reports in National Catholic
Reporter and The New York Times.
Behind closed doors, pope supported civil unions
in Argentina, activist says...
But Wednesday's comments are "the first time a
Pope has indicated even tentative acceptance of
civil unions," according to Catholic News Service.
Pope Francis, who marks his first year in office
on March 13, has sought to set a more tolerant
tone for his 1 billion-member church and
suggested that a broad range of topics are at least
open for discussion.
Last January, Pope Francis recalled a little girl in
Buenos Aires who told her teacher that she was
sad because "my mother's girlfriend doesn't like
"The situation in which we live now provides us
with new challenges which sometimes are
difficult for us to understand," the Pope told
leaders of religious orders, adding that the church
"must be careful not to administer a vaccine
against faith to them."
The Vatican later denied that those comments
signaled an opening toward same-séx unions.
Last June, Pope Francis famously refused to
judge gay priests in comments that ricocheted
around the world. He has also said that the
church should not "interfere" in the spiritual lives
of gays and lesbians.
In this latest interview, Francis also addressed
several other controversial issues, including the
Catholic Church's ban on contraception, the role
of women and the devastating clergy séxual
On contraception, the Pope praised Pope Paul VI
for having the "courage" to "go against the
majority" when restating the ban in 1968. But he
added, the church must be "merciful" and
"attentive to concrete situations."
Contraception and church's ban on divorced
Catholics receiving holy communion, will likely
be addressed at major meetings of Catholic
bishops in Rome in 2014 and 2015.
“We must give a response. But to do so, we must
reflect much in depth,” the Pope said