Tuesday 26 November 2013

Rihanna Honored With An Icon Award




 Bajan beauty Rihanna was last night honored with the maiden Icon Award at the 2013 American Music Awards in Los Angeles. The pop star received the pyramid-glass-shaped trophy from her own mother, Monica on stage.

In her moving speech, Rihanna’s mother [Monica] repeatedly told the crowd how proud she was for her daughter and her successful rise in the music industry, “Rihanna I know the journey in your career has not always been an easy one, but tonight I applaud and admire you for being so strong,” Monicasaid, “you have remained so positive, so humble and so focus” she added, “I’m so proud to be part of this. I am so so proud of you” she ended.
After accepting her trophy, a humble Riri thanked her fans and her team and exclaimed, “I can’t believe that at 25 years old, I’m holding the Icon Award!”
Maybe we can’t either! Congrats, Rihanna!


No comments:

Post a Comment